Are you tired of your beautiful manicure chipping and peeling within a few days? Do you dream of having a manicure that looks perfect for weeks on end? Well, we’ve got great news for you!
In this comprehensive step-by-step guide, we will show you how to apply a gel base coat to achieve a long-running and flawless, and easiest manicure that will be the envy of all your friends.
What is Poly Gel/ Acrygel?
Before we dive into the process, let’s first understand what poly nail gel is. It is a revolutionary manicure enhancement non-toxic product that combines the best properties of both acrylic and gel manicures.
It is more flexible and a bit sticky than acrylics and lighter than traditional gel nails, making it an ideal choice for those who want natural-looking, durable, and lightweight nails.
It is typically presented in a tube and has a unique hybrid formula that starts as a gel but cures like acrylic under a UV or LED light.
It allows technicians and enthusiasts alike to create extensions, and overlays, or even fill in the gaps in damaged nails with ease.
So after getting to know how functional is this substance you’re for sure going to add it to the cart and bring it for you.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
To begin your Acrygel manicure journey, we need to gather all the necessary supplies. Here’s a list of items we recommend for a successful procedure:
- Acrygel Base Coat: Use a gel base coat foundation for your manicure, the base coat provides a strong fixing to your nails and sets the stage for the extensions.
- Applying Polygel Nail Extension Gel: The main product that we will sculpt and shape to achieve the desired length and style.
- Dual Forms or Nail Tips: Depending on your preference, you can use dual forms to create the extensions directly on your nails or edges of them for added length and versatility.
- Slip Solution or Isopropyl: These solutions help to prevent it from sticking to your brush and tools, allowing for smooth and effortless application.
- Nail File and Buffer: Necessary for shaping and refining the extensions to your desired length and style.
- Nail Cleanser: Use these to clean your nails, and verify there are no oils or residues that could affect the polygel bond. Use any cleanser substitute instead but don’t use acetone if it is not necessarily needed.
- UV/LED Lamp: Essential for curing the polygel and setting it in place.
- Cuticle Pusher: To gently push back your cuticles and create a clean canvas for the polygel application.
- Nail Brush: For precise application and shaping of the polygel.
- Lint-Free Wipes: To remove excess product and maintain a clean workspace and gel base coat for polygel manicures. You can make your polygel by yourself as well.
Step 2: Prep Your Nails
Preparation is key to making sure your manicure lasts as long as possible. Keep your manicure kit ready and get started on the very first step of the procedure.
Follow these steps to prepare for the application:
- Trim and Shape Your Nails: Start by trimming your nails to the desired length using a clipper. Then, use a file to shape them according to your preference, whether you like them square, round, oval, or any other style.
- Push Back Your Cuticles: Gently use a cuticle pusher to push back your cuticles. This step not only creates a neat look but also helps the polygel adhere better to your nails.
- Buff the Nail Surface: Take a nail buffer and carefully clean the surface of your nails. This will remove any shine and create a rough texture, which is essential for better sticking.
- Cleanse Your Nails: Clean your nails with a nail cleanser or alcohol wipes to remove any remaining oils or dust. Clean, oil-free nails will confirm a smooth application process.
Step 3: Applying the Poly Gel Base Coat
Now that your nails are prepped and ready, it’s time to try the base coat. The base coat provides a strong foundation for the extensions and enhances the adhesion to your natural nails.
- Squeeze a Small Amount of Polygel: Take a small bead to try using polygel from the tube and place it on your nail. Remember, a little goes a long way, so start with a small amount and add more if needed.
- Using a Brush, Spread the Polygel: Dip your brush in slip solution or isopropyl alcohol to prevent sticky residue. Gently spread the substance over your entire nail, making sure it covers the nail bed and extends slightly beyond the edge.
- Apply the Dual Form or Nail Tip: Take a dual form or nail tip that matches the shape and size of your nail. Press it onto the wet substance, allowing it to take the desired shape. Make sure the substance evenly covers the dual form, and there are no gaps.
- Cure the Polygel: Place your hand under a UV or LED light and cure it the for the time specified by the manufacturer. Usually, it takes around 60 seconds to do it completely.
- Remove the Dual Form or Nail Tip: Gently peel off the dual form or gently twist and lift the edge. Voila! You now have a perfect Acrygel basecoat. Apply the base coat and cure it well so it seems dry. A base coat will help it sit better.
Step 4: Shape and Refine
With the polygel base coat to use in place, we can now shape and refine the site to achieve the desired look.
- Trim the Length: If the extensions are longer than we prefer, trim them to the desired length using a clipper. Be careful not to cut too close to your cuticles.
- Shape the Nails: Use a file to shape the Acrygel artificial nails to your desired shape – square, oval, coffin, almond, stiletto, or any other style that suits your taste and personality.
- Smooth Out the Edges: Gently clean the free edges of the Acrygel extensions to create a seamless transition between the nail and the Acrygel. This will also help in preventing any snags or lifting.
Step 5: Apply the Top Coat
The final step in achieving a long-running manicure is to apply a high-quality topcoat to seal and protect the basecoat. You may get any quality topcoat from Amazon.
- Apply the Top Coat: Using the same brush and technique as before, apply a thin layer of topcoat over the entire nail, including the edges. The top coat will add shine and durability to your manicure.
- Cure the Top Coat: Once again, place your hand under the UV or LED lamp and cure your nails topcoat for the time highly recommended by the manufacturer. This final curing step will confirm your manicure is set and ready to withstand daily wear and tear.
Now you are all done with this procedure and now you can have amazing nail art. The above procedure will surely help you get gelish polish look with Insta seen.
The gel nail polish after curation gives a perfect shiny look to your manicure. If you are still not sure about the procedure you may check out the youtube tutorial.
Maintaining Your Acrygel Manicure
Congratulations! You’ve successfully applied a base coat for a long-running manicure. To ensure your manicure stays beautiful and chip-free for weeks. Follow the below instructions;
- Moisturize Regularly: Keep your cuticles and nails moisturized to prevent dryness and breakage. You can use cuticle oil or hand cream to keep your them hydrated and healthy.
- Avoid Using Nails as Tools: While the Acrygel is durable, it’s best to avoid using your nails as tools to prevent unnecessary stress on them. Use appropriate tools for tasks like opening cans or boxes to avoid chipping or damaging the gel.
- Wear Gloves When Doing Household Chores: Protect your nails from harsh chemicals and detergents by wearing gloves during household chores.
- Regular Touch-Ups: As your natural nails grow, we recommend getting regular touch-ups at the salon to maintain the look and longevity of your manicure. A skilled technician can fill in any gaps and ensure your nails look perfect for weeks on end.
With these instructions and a little care, we are confident that your manicure will stay flawless and beautiful for an extended period, outranking the competition with its long-lasting beauty. Gel polish and polygel give your nails enhancement that’s uncompromisable.